Large scale confiscation of the best agricultural land, brutal military campaigns targeting Tuhoe settlements ..
24 July 2014
- Kei te wātea ngā rauemi reorua hōu i nāianei mō te Pāremata i runga i tēnei paetukutuku hei tautoko ākonga, hei tautoko māhita nō ngā akomanga kura me ngā akomanga rumaki Māori.
- Kei roto i ngā rauemi ako o Tō Tātou Whare he aratohu (reorua) mā ngā māhita, ā, me ngā kāri kaupapa e ono kua tuhia ki roto i Te Reo Māori.
- Ka āhei ngā māhita ki te tono mō ngā whakaaturanga kape mārō kore utu o ēnei rauemi, mā te haere ki ngā taipitopito hoapā i te whārangi nei.
- Ka kitea te whakaaturanga ā-hiko i tēnei whārangi, mā te whakamahi i te hononga pātahi.
- Tuku mōhiohio ai ēnei rauemi hōu mō te Pāremata, ā, mō ngā ngohe whakaakoranga ka taea te whakamahi i te akomanga.
- Whakamōhio ai i ngā ariā manapori, ngā māngaitanga, ngā kaiaratakitanga ki ngā ākonga, mā te whakamahi i te Pāremata hei horopaki.
- Ka tāpiri uara atu ki tētahi toronga Pāremata, ka taea te whakamahi ko tērā anake rānei kia piki ai te whaimōhiotanga mō ngā hononga i waenganui i te Pāremata, me ngā ao o ngā ākonga.
New bilingual resources on Parliament are now available to support students & teachers from kura & Māori immersion classes.
Tō Tātou Whare materials include a teacher handbook (bilingual) & six topic cards written in Te Reo Māori.
Teachers can request free hardcopy versions of these resources via the contact details on this page.
The electronic version can be seen by using the related link on this page.
These new resources provide information about Parliament & teaching activities that can be used in the classroom.
They introduce students to concepts of democracy, representation & leadership using Parliament as a context.
They can add value to a visit to Parliament, or can be used on their own to increase understanding of the connections between Parliament & students’ lives.
23 July 2014
22 July 2014
Though it is Te Wiki o te reo Maori .. there is discontent for the proposed Maori Language Bill which will have its first reading in Parliament this week .. & it must succeed in order for it to be referred to a select committee .. where submissions will be called for .. if it succeeds ..